Sunday, November 28, 2010

Staten Island Ferry Bathroom






I've been very lucky this fall; I have had a host of visitors! My family was here in October, my best friend from college, Loni, was here a couple weekends ago and my brother spent this holiday weekend with me. What does this mean? It means spending a lot of days sightseeing and wandering around the city. This also means a lot of public bathroom use. Yesterday, Will and I took a ride on the Staten Island Ferry. I've never done this before. It's free! So, if you are looking for a great and free way to see the harbor, this is definitely worth checking out. While there isn't much to do on the other side of the trip (meaning in Staten Island), there are certainly great views of the harbor and Manhattan from the ferry ride AND from the island itself. Will and I had a great $6 burger at a diner (Klipper's?) across from the ferry's terminal in Staten Island.



Not only does the ferry provide you with a great view of the harbor and the Statue of Liberty, the terminal has a pretty nice, clean bathroom. The terminal is located at South Ferry. You can take the N or 1 train down to Whitehall Station and the terminal is literally across a plaza.


While I have not spent a lot of time downtown Manhattan, there are a plethora of activities for tourists. Battery Park, the boats to Ellis and Liberty Island and Ground Zero are all located within walking distance of the terminal. There are also some museums to check out and of course Wall Street is nearby. And yes, if you are wondering, there are probably public bathrooms near Battery Park, however, I am positive that they are as dirty as the park itself.

So, if you are in the mood for a boat ride that won't cost you an hours worth of work, then try the Staten Island Ferry. And, if you need to use the restroom, the terminal provides a great and sanitary option.

Later,

AEO

If you are interested in the ferry, check out this website.

http://www.siferry.com/SIFerry_Schedules.aspx



No comments:

Post a Comment